Thursday, October 2, 2008

Panera & Ping-Pong?!

Thursday morning, because Matthew starts school late, is the day that I take the boys out to breakfast before school. Well so far this year they have wanted to go to Panera every Thursday so now it has come to be known as "Panera Thursdays" and they look forward to it. We have added another item to our morning routine on Thursdays. After we drop off Zack at school, Matthew and I return home to play a vicious game of ping-pong. We are hooked! And when I mean vicious, just look at the picture below of Matthew slamming it on me. Our neighbors must love hearing us play at 8am?!? After looking at the picture I realized we really should dust off the table.....sorry I forget to dust outside. haha



The competition is close because we are both at the same skill level but for the last many weeks I have come out the winner. Yeah!! (Not to boast or anything) Our matches always go to 3 games and this morning Matthew took the first game easily, the score was 21-8. He killed me so I was pretty nervous. But I took the next game only winning by a few points but then I knew I had him. The third game was a breeze as I again played to a victory and I took Matthew to school, walking with his head down, defeated. OK just kidding on the last part but there is always next week Matthew. The battle continues!

Ping Pong Champion!

(of the Walden household at least)

7 comments:

Jaimers said...

Does this mean you're going to take over Grandma's role of Ping-Pong match queen? She's always up for tournaments!

Suzanne said...

It's great to the champ!

We had a table growing up and got MANY hours played on that thing. We were always short on paddles and balls, but it was always fun. Michael was a little in awe of my rusty skills when I played him a while ago.

Lori said...

Pam--competitive?

Rachel said...

you are such a cute mom!

Jo said...

I love beating my kids! Even though they're only 3 and 5 I feel like a total stud when I beat them! Heheheh!

AJsGirls said...

Your kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful Mom.

MaryAnn said...

Did you realize you look younger and younger all the time. I love these pics!