Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Little Drummer Boy



Zack is taking Beginning Band this year in Middle School. Last week they needed to tell their teacher what their 3 top choices of the instruments they wanted to play. Zack picked percussion, trumpet and saxophone (it might have been trombone). Anyways, you had to try out for the teacher for percussion and if you did not make it then you would do your second choice instrument which would have been trumpet. Matthew plays trumpet, we have a nice trumpet so that would be great! Little did we know that Zack would make it for percussion and he did make it. Now we did get him a drum set a couple of years back for his birthday but I have never seen him play it real seriously but now he will get more use out of it. So we picked him up his new drumsticks and he was excited and I was excited for him. As we are driving home and his friend is in the car with his new drumsticks they start to drum on their football helmets. OK that is cool, it sounds pretty nice. They are following the beat of the song on the radio so I can handle it. I figure I better get used to the sound because I have a feeling he will be drumming everywhere. We get home and his drumming continues. Nice, but Mom is getting a headache but I let him continue because he is doing his homework by practicing. Right? Ha Ha I think the picture below shows that his nice drum roll stuff will more likely turn into head banging stuff. But it is for school and its homework so he has to do it.....Greeeaaat!?!

At least we have a rule in our house that if you play the drums you have to shut the door. The room is over the garage so you can't hear it that bad. But I do think that I will be having to take alot of Tylenol:)

5 comments:

Kaye said...

That is so nice of you to have a practice studio upstairs....James will be there to practice right after Zack's session! George has drums and we put them in the closet of that room....so not only do we make him shut the bedroom door, but the closet door too!!! You are way nicer than me!

Jo said...

Cool!!! I dated a jazz drummer before I got married and he was constantly drumming on anything that was available....including me! hehehe!

Me said...

Wow... looks like you have your ummm ears full....
Ben wants to get Triston a set of drums... you should have seen my face when he suggested it...

Heather said...

I think drums would be fun at YOUR house.

Jaimers said...

That's hilarious! Brett used to have his kit in the garage and we would always jump on the ceiling to try and get him to stop playing! I remember the headaches.