Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Studly Sixteen!

My Sugar Lump

Since "Sweet Sixteen" doesn't quite fit for a boy I thought that "Studly Sixteen" would. Yep - Matthew has turned 16 and I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around it! It sometimes seems like yesterday when I turned 16. So many things change at this age...it feels like the beginning of the end of his time here at home. I can't even think about it because I really do get choked up but at the same time I look forward to his future because I think that he is capable of great things. Ok this isn't good, I am sitting here at the computer crying already. How is it that you can miss them before they even leave??
Matthew has always amazed me in so many ways and continues to amaze me. He is intelligent, talented, confident, stands up for what he believes in, has a strong testimony, he knows what he wants and he goes after it and he loves his family. Sure, he can be irritating sometimes but I guess that is how teenagers are...it could be worse. Matthew is a great son and I feel so blessed to be his Mom!
Here he is in his first car........from Little Tike to Mustang!

2 comments:

AJsGirls said...

He is absolutely studly. It just goes to show what fantastic parents you both are. Hope he had a great birthday!

MyKuS said...

Happy birthday to the stud muffin. I can't believe my nephew Garrett turned 16 today too. These kids just need to slow down with the growing up already!