Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Love of Scriptures

By no means am I a scholar when it comes to the scriptures. I would love to be known as a scriptorian but as of yet I am not. I keep trying though. But one of my new favorite scriptures that I have come across is in Ecclesiastes 4:9-10. It just struck a cord with me so I wanted to share it-

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor.

"For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."

I love this scripture and it can have many meanings. It can pertain to my husband who when I fall is there to help me up, or to the Savior for when I sin he is their with the atonement so that I can repent, or it pertains to our families for the love and support that they are to us. But I also think that it pertains to my friends that always seem to be there for me no matter how far away we are. I can always count on an uplifting word, an act of kindness or the unspoken service and support that they give me. I love my friends and for the friendship that they bless me with. Thanks to all those who have been a dear friend to me and some of you might not even know how you have touched my life and have changed me for the better. Isn't that a song from "Wicked"? Oh well it sounds good.

No comments: