Monday, May 5, 2008

Gotta Love Sundays!

We enjoy having church early - getting up, getting ready and going straight to church to enjoy our meetings there. But when we get home we truly think of the Sabbath day as a day of rest. This is usually what you will find around our house on Sunday afternoons-




It is ridiculous! We can't take naps on any other day (even if we tried) but for some reason on Sunday when we get home from church and then have lunch we become zombies and drop right where we are and fall into a deep slumber. The boys didn't even realize I had taken their pictures! My goodness the kids are sleeping in their church clothes and Matthew didn't even loosen his tie.....I guess I am lucky they didn't keep on their suitcoats! Adam, unfortunately does not get to join us on our Sunday naps since he has been serving in the Young Adult Ward but luckily my calling that I have now does allow the time for our Sunday sleep fest. Gotta love Sundays!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Your boys look so reverent sleeping in their church clothes. I totally love Sundays for that very reason. It's the only day of the week when I feel like I can nap as long as I want and I don't feel guilty. I take the "day of rest" idea very seriously--I've even stopped making big Sunday Dinners because I want to get to my nap....yeah--that's my reason...right ;)

Rae said...

We do the exact same thing at our home. And we have 1pm church, which we are usually late to, I might add. Did I mention that neither adult is a morning person, or a right before 1pm person. I hope I can still use the "Day of Rest" excuse. But, all five of us crash into slumber right when we get home. Colby and I usually change into pajama pants for the rest of the day as well.

Me said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to take advantage...right now if they take naps on Sunday it is a nightmare to get them to bed that night. Maybe once school is out I can nap without care... On another note Matthew looks so old! When did that happen! Wow...

Rachel said...

I live for the Sunday nap!

Liz Rose said...

Yeah for naps!! We all nap except for Sarah--she will play on the computer or color--she just doesn't want to miss a minute of life I guess.
Oh, man I totally got the hibbie, jibbies about the rattlesnake--I would've been in the car and headed home!!

McB's said...

K, naptime on Sunday doesn't exist at our house anymore cuz we go to midnight mass, lol, it's actually at 3pm but it's close enough! We just hang out all day in jammies and then get ready and go, it sucks for Danny and I but of course Kassidy gets her nap in. Oh well, when we start at 8am next year we will be back in the nap grove.