Thursday, May 22, 2008

Missing Roomba!

When we had wood floors put in downstairs, Adam got me a Roomba because we had been told that they are a necessity when you have wood. At first the little thing freaked me out because it felt like it was alive and it seemed to come right towards me all the time. (OK I get freaked out easily!) Well then I learned to just put it on in the morning when I went to the gym so that I was not at home when it was on. This worked out perfectly! I would come home an hour and half later and Roomba would be back into his docking station and my floor would be looking wonderful. I love Roomba! To really test how good he was I would purposely leave little pieces of trash on the floor to see if he would really pick them up. He passed the test! He would go vaccuum under the couches, chairs, tables and pick up all the dust that I would have to be cleaning. Roomba was my friend. I would find myself talking to him....sound scary but it was true!


Adam's friend said that after having his Roomba for a year he noticed it was not running as long, it wasn't working as well. So Adam foreseeing the future, and also having a beef with Costco because they would not take back a vaccuum that had broken 6 months ago, decided on his own to return my wonderful Roomba before it went bad. How dare he is all that I have to say! He did buy me a regular vaccuum but after using that for a couple of weeks I have come to realize how precious my Roomba was. I have to carry this other heavy vaccuum up and down the stairs. That's a pain! And I have to plug it in and push it around myself and not to mention I have to move the furniture to be able to clean the dust from under it (OK lets get real, how often do I do that....it is probably really dusty by now). So what I am trying to say is I WANT MY ROOMBA BACK!!!! They have come out with a newer model so I will settle for that...........

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I want one soooo bad!

Heather said...

I want one too and I want the Scooba which is Roomba's moping friend.

Jo said...

Okay. What is it with men? What makes them think they know anything about house work? Are they home all day and therefore, know what it takes to keep up on the housework let alone the needs of EVERYONE in the family? I know they think they're being helpful when they do stuff like that, but seriously...Do we go into their offices at work and say, "Hmmm, I think I'll take his computer and switch it out for a lesser model because his is probably going to give out soon. He'll just have to deal with it until I see fit to get a new one." I think not. Why? Because we know that we don't know exactly why he needs that specific computer and therefore we leave it for him to make that decision. So why can't they respect our "jobs" too? Hmmm.... I'm with you, Pam. If I were you I'd go get my Roomba back!

Kim said...

Ditto Jo!! Just go on strike until your working conditions improve. Tell him your union reps have advised you to hold out.

redstarmama said...

Hi Pam! I don't know if you remember me, but we were in Primary together in the 4th Ward forever ago. I just wanted to say you look fabulous and I can't believe how old your boys are. And I feel your Roomba pain. Have a great weekend!

Jenn Hambly

Pam said...

Of course I remember you Jenn. It sounds like you guys are doing great and your family has grown. I will keep checking on your blog - thanks for the comment!

Lori said...

Now that it's out in the open, we can all start bugging Adam about it until he gets you a new one!