Today is my Mom's 71st Birthday and I want to wish her a very happy birthday. She deserves it! She always went out of her way to make my birthdays nice. Even when I did not want anything done she would arrange a surprise party for me and always make me feel special on my day. Love her! She is the best Mom ever!
Some random things about my Mom:
1. She is so much fun to be around
2. She is a wonderful friend...to everyone
3. She loves water. She took us to the beach all the time!
4. She enjoys the outdoors and is always on the go.
5. Growing up she named a hill after herself, Norma Jean hill, and she would always take us and friends to slide down it with cardboard, or fly airplanes or just to play.
6. She makes the best homemade frosting! Yum!
7. Charity is her middle name (not for reals) but she would help anybody, anytime.
8. She LOVES learning about everything.
9. She owned her own business when I was young and it was very successful.
10. She had to drop out of high school because she married young and had a child young but she went back and got her GED and eventually became a licensed Respiratory Therapist.
11. She sews beautifully. Sewed many of our clothes growing up.
12. She loved having people over to our house and entertaining.
13. She is the best cook. Taught by my Dad and also self taught because she didn't learn it growing up.
14. Always kept a clean home.
15. Has a strong testimony of the gospel.
16. She is a wonderful teacher.
17. She always likes trying new things. I think that she has done it all.
18. She has a sense of fashion and loves clothes, shoes and LOVES accessories!
19. She loves playing games. Whenever we go up to visit we play chinese checkers, scrabble, catch phrase or family feud. She always has a prize for the winner. The kids love it (OK and so do I).
20. She is the best Mother that anyone could ask for and I feel so blessed that she is mine!
I realized I could go on all day talking about her but I don't have the time. I know that these are not the top 20 things about her but they are just what I came up with for now. She is truly a beautiful person, inside and out. Happy Birthday Mom!