Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye 2008

I love starting a new year and looking back on the old year and think about all that happened that year. It is always amazing to me all that does happen in one year and then I look with excitement (and apprehension) to the new year to see what it brings us. There are always surprises, good and bad but all in all I cannot complain, 2008 was a good year and I look forward to 2009.

We wanted to start the New Year with friends so we threw together an impromptu party and luckily some friends were able to come and they made the night so fun. We played games, ate junk food and laughed 'till my sides hurt. These are pictures from the game that we played, it is called Curses. Very fun and wacky game, I won't even begin to explain the game but lets just say the game makes you do weird things (wrists glued to your forehead, can't bend arms, etc) as you can see in the pictures-




Actually these pictures below are not even from the game they are just being goofy! And yes, that is a chocolate kiss on the end of Kim's nose!:)



Then at midnight we sipped our Martinelli's, made some noise, popped some bubblewrap (thanks for the idea Rachel) and played another game. All in all it was a great night and I could not think of a better way to ring in the New Year!











4 comments:

Kaye said...

Looks like you guys had fun....I'm sad we missed it. Our kids...and Scott were so tired from being out all day, they barely made it til midnight....and we weren't about to bring a grumpy family to your house....maybe you should make it a tradition!

Julie said...

How fun to see familiar faces. Happy New Year!

Andrea said...

Geezzz! Now I know what lists I have been left off!

elegyrl said...

Oh man I totally forgot to crash your party!